Wangsa Metroview Condominium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condos pay too much for water

+2
vincent
JMC
6 posters

Go down

Condos pay too much for water Empty Condos pay too much for water

Post  JMC Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:10 am

Thursday January 8, 2009

Condos pay too much for water

I AM utterly disgusted with the report that Syabas would increase water tariffs for condominium units from the month of March.

Due to economic uncertainties in 2009, it is indeed bad timing for Syabas to raise the rates and in the process make it harder for people to make ends meet in the coming months.

Since the Selangor state government can offer free 20 cubic metre of water to residential properties, Syabas should not maintain a willy-nilly attitude.

They must not ignore the fact that people are living in fear of a recession and in fear of losing their jobs.

Condo dwellers are now paying RM1.38 per cu metre of water which is more than the RM0.75 that the landed residential property owners pay. To increase the rates to RM1.78 for condominium units would mean an increase of 30%, which would add an extra burden to the people.

It is wrong to presume that condo dwellers are rich people and therefore they could afford to pay higher rates. Condo dwellers are generally middle-class people; most of them are wage earners and retirees who are already tightening their belts.

Besides paying higher water rates, condo owners are also paying higher assessment to DBKL despite being shortchanged for the services as compared with landed residential properties.

The authorities should therefore change their mindset about condo proprietors and stop charging them higher tariffs for essential commodities.

LIN JIA BIN,

Kuala Lumpur.

Copyright ©️ 1995-2009 Star Publications (M) Bhd

JMC

Back to top Go down

Condos pay too much for water Empty Re: Condos pay too much for water

Post  vincent Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:10 pm

because the wangsa metroview just give we the temporary CF. until today they still no yet got the CF.
because the CF is a temporary, than the water will be change high same the construct water change.
This problem we owner also very comfuse, but we cant do anything. because this is government rules. If you must investigate responsibility you can go to developer to ask back you money. But this can work or no i no yet try, maybe you can go to ask you lawyer. see he have any thing can help you. If is can investigate the money you must tell me lo, than i also follow you to sue developer.

vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  danyap Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:09 pm

vincent wrote:because the wangsa metroview just give we the temporary CF. until today they still no yet got the CF.
because the CF is a temporary, than the water will be change high same the construct water change.
This problem we owner also very comfuse, but we cant do anything. because this is government rules. If you must investigate responsibility you can go to developer to ask back you money. But this can work or no i no yet try, maybe you can go to ask you lawyer. see he have any thing can help you. If is can investigate the money you must tell me lo, than i also follow you to sue developer.

temporary CF? if i'm not wrong, it's not temporary.

I have the photo copy of the DBKL certificate issue the CF to Metroview. The CF was issued some time in March 2008.

danyap

Back to top Go down

Post  vincent Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:40 pm

danyap wrote:
vincent wrote:because the wangsa metroview just give we the temporary CF. until today they still no yet got the CF.

I have the photo copy of the DBKL certificate issue the CF to Metroview. The CF was issued some time in March 2008.

so you mean is in March 2008 have a CF already, than why until now i also no got any litter? and my bank also no yet pay the last paymeny to developer?

vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  John Lin Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:26 pm

danyap wrote:

I don't think you have is a permanent CF as my banker till now still do not pay the developer the final last 2.5 % of the total loan for both of the units I have purchased.
Altually the CF the developer obtained is just a temperary CF so the water supply is a temperary supply. So the rateis high. The developer should provide us a permanent supply. So we have to sit down and group up together to claim back from the developer later as this is the developer mistake.

John Lin

Back to top Go down

Post  rhlam83 Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi Guys,

I think we should iron this issue out straight since the Committee is now formed.

Can we have a confirmation on whether is the Condo having a full CF? Or a temporary one? And if so, then is the 2.5% undisbursemnt amount still the same?

Hope you can iron this out for us JMC. thanks.

rhlam83

Back to top Go down

Post  JMC Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:58 pm

Dear Mr Lam,

Please refer to the reply by DanYap on Jan 9th. Could you call on
Mr Baktha at the Management Office 03-4142 1317 to confirm the
status of the CF? Thank you.

Mon - Fri : 9am - 5.30pm (lunch hour 1-2pm)
Sat : 9am - 1pm.
Sun/PH : Closed.

We agree that there is all lot to look into:-

The Management Office, Security, Lighting, Vehicle Movement, Manpower, Uncompleted Jobs, Building Defects and Vandalism within.

The top Priority is our fund. We have yet to receive the unaudited account from the Developer. Be patient.

Thank you.

Regards,

Joint Management Board
Wangsa Metroview Condo

If you have any suggestions, complaints with solutions or ideas, please share with us at this
e-add:
metroview2008@gmail.com.

JMC

Back to top Go down

Post  james Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Selangor Assembly: Water CEO salary in the spotlight

DID Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor (Syabas) chairman Tan Sri Rozali Ismail deserve his monthly salary of RM425,000 in 2007 which worked out to RM16,346 per day or RM35 per minute?

This was the thrust of Sekinchan assemblyman Ng Suee Lim's question yesterday when he asked why Rozali took home RM5.1 million in 2007 when the company was RM2.9 billion in debt.

"The company faced a critical economic crisis. Yet, what surprises us is that they could afford to pay the chairman such a high salary."

Ng said something was not right when a state government company chairman earned so much when the company was on the verge of bankruptcy.

Speaking during the winding-up of the debate on the royal address, he said the company might have also not been telling the truth about its finances and that it could have been making more money.

He said state government companies had debts that could be broken down into Syabas (RM2.9 billion), Splash (RM1.6 billion), Puncak Niaga (RM1.3 billion) and Abbas (RM640,000).

Ng said the Federal Government was trying to sabotage the state government's plans to restructure the water industry by bailing out these "crony" companies.

He said this could be avoided if the state government was allowed to restructure the water industry.

He said Syabas last increased the water tariff in 2006 and could do so again next year with approval from the Energy, Water and Communications Ministry.

"If this happens, then we will have to drink rain water or even petrol which is cheaper now," he said, adding that the concessionaires had shown poor performance and also breached the terms of their concession agreements.

Ng urged Energy, Water and Communications Minister Datuk Shaziman Abu Mansor to work for the best interests of the people and not the concession companies.

james

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down