Wangsa Metroview Condominium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take action on condo owners flouting rules

Go down

Take action on condo owners flouting rules Empty Take action on condo owners flouting rules

Post  JMC Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:22 am

Friday November 14, 2008

Take action on condo owners flouting rules

I REFER to the letter “Foreigners a bane to neighbours” (The Star, Nov 13) from “Another Worried Resident” in Bangsar and wish to share my similar experience.

I live in a high-end condominium in Sri Hartamas. Over the last two years, at least 10 apartment units have been rented out to foreign workers and the only way the workers would be able to afford the high rentals is if there are 20 or more people to a unit. This is clearly flaunting DBKL’s rules.

With the high number of foreign workers staying, you get rubbish and cigarette butts being thrown about everywhere in the public areas of the condominiums and cleaners have their hands full.

Some of them come back drunk and vomit in the lifts. The madness is unbelievable.

Our management has spoken to the owners and to DBKL. Owners who do this sort of thing don’t care if they are flouting house rules or City Hall’s rules as long as they get their rental income. My question is: Where is the enforcement by City Hall? City Hall has to send enforcement officers out to see if its rules are being adhered to.

Many owners have moved out and property gets devalued when the neighbourhood’s demographics are changed. This is really not fair to owners who pay high maintenance fees to enjoy a certain level of comfort and ambience. Please start enforcing the rules before more of our properties lose their value.

RATTLED MALAYSIAN,
Kuala Lumpur.

Copyright © 1995-2008 Star Publications (M) Bhd

JMC

Back to top Go down